- Electronic Waste Recycling
- Hard Drive Destruction
- Data Wiping
- Document Shredding
- Battery & Paper Recycling
- Light Bulb/Lamp Recycling
Health, Safety, & Environmental Friendly Waste Policies
Modern Waste follows an Environmental, Health, & Safety Policy that is committed to compliance with organizations in waste management and recycling services. We’re partnered with organizations and associations to achieve optimal compliance with environmental law, and promote a strategic plans to for waste management with concern for the environment. These organizations take into consideration the technical resources of safety and health, regulatory compliance, and enforcement products from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA):
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) – We’re ISO 14001 Certified. Which means that we’re a certified business that abides by the laws and regulation to serve the public as an Environmental Management System (EMS). Learn more on the ISO website.
- National Association for Information Destruction (NAID®) – We’ve partnered with the NAID® to for our Information Destruction Operations Certification, otherwise known as a AAA Certified status.
- Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI) – We’re R2-2013 Certified, which means we’re recognized to practicing responsible recycling practices for electronics mercury-containing devices.
- Occupational Health & Safety Management Certified (OHSAS) – Our OHSAS 18001 certification means we practice the utmost highest safety standards in the industry – making sure our employees can recycle your waste in a safe work facility.
Obtaining an NAID® Certification is no easy task. As an E-Waste, Data Destruction and Secure Shredding Provider in California, we’ve earned this certification by abiding to some of the highest regulations in the industry. We want to make sure you’re information is taken care of safely, which is why would proud of our National Association for Information Destruction Operations Certificate.
This certification ensures that all Electronic Waste (e-Waste) we recycle is processed in a Professional and Environmentally Friendly Manner. Rest assured, we take the environment seriously in this line of business – we want to leave the world in a better state for the next generation and the ones to follow.
Occupational health and safety management paves the way for the best possible working conditions in your organization. It provides guidelines on how to identify hazards and put in place the correct controls to manage them. This helps in reducing workplace accidents and illness, cutting out related costs and downtime, as well as prioritizing the welfare of your staff. And better, safer working conditions lead to better performance.
As of the most important certifications to have, this ensures that we abide by the Environmental Management Standards to make sure our Recycling and Disposal Operations do not negatively affect the Environment.
Exceeding Environmentally Friendly Compliance Excellence
Our basis to ensure our operations are inline with federal regulation, and abide by the state laws we’re required to recognize. These program managers conduct audits to make sure that we’re aware of pollutant discharges, pollution prevention, and resources conservation efforts that qualify Modern Waste as a business partner. In our industry, it’s important for all recycling waste management operations to go through environmental site assessments to regulate risk management and manage the development process.
We’re equally committed to meet and exceed our customer requirements when we provide our commercial-grade waste management and recycling services. At Modern Waste, you’re in the top of our minds to continually improve our processes, to prevent pollution and world place injuries, and to maintain compliance with relevant environmental, Occupational Health and Safety and Data Security Legislation and Regulations.
The goal and mission of our operation is to have a positive impact on the environment through responsible recycling practices that include the conservation of metals, plastic and other non-renewable resources. Consistent with these core operations, it’s Modern Waste’s overall goal to accomplish our business objectives while meeting and exceeding the environmental compliance, health and safety compliance expectations of our management, employees, customers, suppliers, and regulators.
We will continually grow and improve our systems while striving to minimize adverse impacts on the environment by managing used and end-of-life materials such as electronic equipment, metal components, and other materials (with respect to both on-site activities and the selection of downstream vendors). We emphasize a “Reuse, Recover, Dispose” hierarchy of responsible management strategies.
Modern Waste’s Waste Management Service Commitment:
- Ensuring that these policies are appropriate to our operations and the potential environmental impacts are evaluated, as well as the health and safety risks perceived down the road.
- Complying with all relevant governmental and association legal requirements, customer and product requirements, industry guidelines, and any other environmental compliance commitments made by Modern Waste.
- Striving for continual improvement of our material and waste management services.
- Preventing workplace injuries.
- Providing the framework for establishing our environmental health and safety policy.
- Increasing customer satisfaction – our customers are our first priority.
- Preventing pollutants known to be caused by recycling and waste management companies; we’re dedicated to preserving the following and understanding how to minimize the environmental impact in our day to day operations.
- Ensuring that the system and policies are communicated and understood by all persons working for or on behalf of Modern Waste.
- Making the environmental, health, and safety policy available to the public.
- Striving to ensure that this environmental, health, and safety policy is reviewed and amended as necessary and appropriate.
September 18, 2013
“Trevor Anderson was a big help in taking old files and shredding as we prepare for relocation.”
January 4, 2018
“Professionalism, Courtesy, Cheerful and positive attitudes from the drivers. Keep up the great work.”
Tyco Integrated Security
January 5, 2018
“Always friendly & professional.”
Bay Alarm Medical
Feburary 6, 2013
“The guys are always so nice. James & Arturo are awesome! Always happy to be with you guys!”
Chalmers Dental, Inc.
Got Junk? Want It to Go Away?
Scheduling Waste Pickup is EASY! Our Recycling Service Trucks can quickly be on the way for all your Business Waste Disposal Service Needs!